Friday 5 February 2021

What Mr Hallow Read This Quarter [October - December]

I read some great books this quarter and the final book I read this year was one of my absolute favourites, sadly I had one of my lowest rated books of the year in this quarter too though...

October

The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
This is the second book I have read from Brandon Sanderson and I loved it. Everything about this series of books I love. The first book I purchase in 2021 will be the third from this series and I can't wait to read it already.

The Gospel of Loki by Joanne M Harris
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I have read a few of this kind of Norse mythology books although the 'narration' of this book was my favourite I've read some of the stories very slightly different as it was being told by Loki and that was a great point of view and gave some nice insights into the Gods.


November

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K Rowling
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Finally getting to the end of the Harry Potter books, as I'm getting further into the books I think that I'm actually enjoying each book more and more. I'm actually writing this in February and honestly I can't really remember what exactly happens in this book.

Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I had my eye on reading this for a while before getting round to it which is pretty much the same for every book I read. I really enjoyed this book and the way the dragons are portrayed I was a little sceptical at first in the first few chapters but this book opened up into a fantastic story.


December

The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events) by Lemony Snicket
⭐️⭐️
Its been a long time coming reading these books. That being said I really didn't like this book I found it tedious to read and I can't remember the last time I rated a book so low. I won't be reading the rest of these books but I'm glad I gave them a chance.

The Scent of Magic by Cliff McNish
⭐️⭐️⭐️

I am fascinated by these books this being the second in the trilogy. The world-building and high fantasy aspects of these books are huge and the books are actually quite small. These are very cleverly written and I'm excited to read the third if we can ever find it online in the right cover.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I did it!! I read them all! Now stating the obvious the books are so much more than the movies. I kind of wish that HP gets a TV series to fit in more of the content from the books. I love how so much more character development happens in these books. I have always like Harry Potter but now I have read them all I am a huge fan!

Farmer Giles of Ham by J.R.R Tolkien
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I finished my TBR and wanted a little book to read. this was the last book I bought physically in a store. I have a lot of Tolkien books that I need to read and am I glad I stared with this one! What a great book! Farmer Giles was a fantastic character.

So that's it, all of the books I read in the last quarter of 2020. I'm very happy with how many books I got to read this year. With that being said I only read so much this year because we couldn't really do anything else during the lockdown. Normally we would go for walks and have days out together. Which was a big miss.
How many books did you read this year?


No comments:

Post a Comment