Wednesday 3 February 2021

Life Lately - January

 



 Between when I first started blogging on here again in April and December I posted only 3 'Life Lately' updates. Seeing as we take monthly couples portraits, my daily photos and starting this year I've decided to put together a video of '1 second per day', I'm thinking I might try to do a round-up post every month instead. 

To start, here are all the blog posts I've published in January over my 3 blogs - 

Underland to Wonderland - Right here!

Pages of the Hallows - Our Couple's Book Blog!
January TBR Lists
Pages Per Day // December

Adventures of the Hallows - My Photo Diary Blog!
I have taken daily photos since 2013 (2014 were weekly photos) and I share them each week in blog posts.
Check out the past month's worth of posts below!
2021 Project 365 // Days 22 - 28

And below is January's daily photo overview in calendar form.
Many days have more than one photo so make sure to visit the posts above to see all the photos!



---
Our daily photos are usually a pretty good representation of what goes on in our life throughout the month, but for the things they don't show see below...

Loving
Doing a big winter deep clean, sort out and move around.

Hating 
People haha. The government. Our country. I won't elaborate otherwise this will turn into an essay.

Feeling 
Okay. I've been worse, I've been better. Eating better and exercising more really has made a big difference for my general physical health and pains. 

Thinking
Meh, nothing in particular. 

Reading
Brisingr by Christopher Paolini [I'm still trying to get through this!]
The Crooked Mask by Rachel Burge [Finished. Loved it. Go read it!]
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll [Finished. Audiobook]
Animals (Disney's Wonderful World of Knowledge #1) by Sergio Frugis [Currently Reading]

Watching
Lost S1
Vikings S6B
Sister Sister S1-4
Ru Paul's Drag Race S13
Ru Paul's Drag Race UK S2
New Girl S5-7
---
Mulan
The House Bunny
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Minority Report

Doing More
Exercise. I've been running the length of Hadrian's Wall from my living room and so from the 11th of January until today I have completed 77.5 of the 90 miles. If you are interested in sponsoring me in aid of a fantastic animal shelter you can find my fundraising page here > www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/hallow90miles

Doing Less
Going outside. If it's possible to go out less than I already was! At least I was able to have two small walks in December, but not this month. Despite it being winter and you'd assume most people would be staying home, it seems busier than ever outside and so I can't go anywhere at all. 

Stand out moments this month:
Another flat tire
My 90-mile distance challenge
Eos and Aurora turned 6!
Taking part in my 8th RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch
Winter deep cleaning


This month I also started yet another new project, alongside my daily photos, a second of video each day. See below for our January video!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting wrap up for the month. I watched your 1 second per day video on Instagram and enjoyed it; I think that is such a fun project and will be great memory keeping of the little things (just as your 365 is).

    It is good to hear that eating better and exercising more is showing some positive results for you - I have been making the same efforts myself since the start of the new year, and having reaping the rewards of it also.

    Happy February to you & Mr Hallow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really enjoying it because I already take so many little clips of the animals and some things are easier captured in video form rather than photo.

      I've lost over half a stone so I'm hoping the more I loose the more my pains will be eased. Ah I'm so glad for you!

      Right back to you and your family <3

      Delete