Wednesday 16 June 2021

A Rainy Walk at Cocklawburn Beach

 


The first time on any beach in 314 days!

Cocklawburn Beach holds a lot of good memories for me. I grew up at this beach. I walked the dogs with my Granda, I searched rock pools with my Dad, I dipped my toes in the sea with my Mam. I observed frog spawn in a pond nearby, breathed in the fresh sea air and had my love for the coast sparked here and all the other beaches in my home town - there are 5 within walking distance* of my family home.

So on Saturday the 8th of May when we took a long overdue trip up to Berwick to see my parents (and surprise Mam who had no idea we were coming), we had to get to a beach...even if it was completely chucking it down!
We do actually still live within 3-4miles of beaches/the coast, but given where it is it's impossible to visit considering the amount of people that flock to them. Because of that I really miss being able to see, hear, smell and feel the sea air. It does wonders for my mood and even my physical health, this night was the first time I have slept right the way through the night in years. I personally think if you grow up on the coast, you'll always need the coast.

As I mentioned, the weather was actually really very bad so it was a much shorter than wished visit. It did give me a chance to hide some more of my painted stones though! Check out all the photos I took below. 


[* Obviously walking distance is personal, but they're walking distance to me!]























No comments:

Post a Comment