Wednesday 2 June 2021

Life Lately - May

 


To start, here are all the blog posts I've published in May over my 3 blogs -

Underland to Wonderland - Right here!
Pages of the Hallows - Our Couple's Book Blog!
Adventures of the Hallows - My Photo Diary Blog!
I have taken daily photos since 2013 (2014 were weekly photos) and I share them each week in blog posts.


And below is May's daily photo overview in calendar form. Many days have more than one photo so make sure to visit the posts above to see all the photos!


---

Our daily photos are usually a pretty good representation of what goes on in our life throughout the month, but for the things they don't show see below...

Loving
My new online course? That sounds weird to say because I never wanted to go to uni, I am not a fan of learning establishments, studying, tests or anything to do with standard education. However, being able to learn in my own time and at home away from people is cool. It may not be a proper degree or anything but it's still another thing to add to my CV etc.

Hating
Humans, as usual. The hell going on with Israel-Palestine, the riots in Wales, the mass shooting in San Jose, the protests from selfish people who don't like being told what to do, intimidating behaviour from the majority of kids, in general, these days. On top of all those sorts of things, add in the natural disasters like the volcano in the DRC and I'm petrified to be living in this day and age. I hate it. The world is so scary.

Feeling
Very appreciative to have such a hardworking husband. He puts up with a lot at work and pushes himself to the limit and I can only wish things were easier. With me being at home full-time and him having so many responsibilities I often feel bad for not being able to contribute financially. I am very lucky to have him as I know from experience that not all people have such a strong work ethic etc.

Thinking
How is my life ever going to progress? I'm too scared to go anywhere still, especially with all this premature lifting of the already weak and un-policed restrictions and more and more people being around, most without masks. Not only that but how it has all affected the long term. When will I be able to work again? When will we ever be able to have enough savings to buy a house and get out into the rural country away from people? It's quite scary to think that it's unlikely anything will change for us for many years to come, if ever, and I don't really want to turn 40 still living in rental houses in residential areas. 

Reading
The Wizard's Promise by Cliff McNish
The Last Last-Day-of-Summer by Lamar Giles [Audiobook]
Rise of the Jumbies by Tracey Baptiste
The Magic Misfits by Neil Patrick Harris

Watching
WandaVision
Outlaw King
The Princess Diaries 2
Sister Sister S6
Peter Kay: Live & Back on Nights
75 Years: From Pulp to Pop!
Frozen 2
Tut's Treasures: Hidden Secrets
Captain Marvel
Pixar in Real Life
School of Rock
The Devil Nextdoor
Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom
Lost S5
RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under S1
Science of Stupid
One Day at Disney
King of Queens S1
Raya and the Last Dragon
Us Again

Doing More
Hoovering? haha. It's not that I didn't already hoover my house, but we got a new cordless stick hoover which is so much lighter and easier for me to use so I hoover pretty much every day now...sometimes more than once!

Doing Less
Reading, it seems. At 21 books read, out of my goal of 52 this year, I am technically still on track. However, with other things taking up my time like a new online course and Mr H's work shifts being different I don't seem to have as much time as I once did...or I'm not making enough time. Of course, we still read every night in bed but sometimes it's more like 5 pages rather than a chapter or two.

Stand Out Moments
- New hoover
- Completing Blue Cross' Rescue Run
- Surprising Mam 
- Finally a walk on the beach...in the rain
- 100% Distinction marks on my first 2 modules
- Lots of wonderful wildlife visitors in the garden
(The hedgehog is back!)
- New soft toy family members
- Video call with Amina


This year I also started yet another new project, alongside my daily photos, 1 second of video each day. See below for our May's video!



No comments:

Post a Comment