Wednesday 9 June 2021

Loved Before Soft Toy Adoptions

 


Let me preface this post by saying, yes, I am indeed a 30 year old with no children and yes, indeed I do still collect and find love, comfort and enjoyment from soft toys.
I also have sort of a form of Personification-Based Synaesthesia, where I personify inanimate objects specifically those with a face be it a soft toy or smaller item like an ornament etc. I have bought many broken items in stores to save them from being thrown away (eg. a vase with bees on and the bee had a broken wing, a Christmas reindeer ornament that was snapped in half) and the last of items to stop them from being lonely (eg. if only two of something are left, I will buy both so that it doesn't leave one alone). As a child, my toys were always in groups or pairs, they got tucked into bed and yeah...I still do the same.

Apparently, that tangent was necessary before I tell you about a wonderful website I have become aware of in the past year or so. I swear it's at least somewhat related. This website is called Loved Before and as this title gives away, it is a soft toy adoption agency!! It makes my heart very, very happy to know that all these little souls get another chance at a happy home after their previous family no longer want them. 
Loved Before isn't only about saving the lives of teddies but saving our planet. You all know us Hallow's feelings about our planet, being eco-friendly and promoting a more sustainable way of living and Loved Before are totally on the same wavelengths. I urge you to pop over to their website to have a read of their wonderful story, but first, meet our new family members...





Back in December, we welcomed our first friend 'Hannah' renamed Nala. I have had a Disney Store Simba soft toy from The Lion King since I was two years old and sadly he's been alone in our room since moving here (all my other soft toys live in either Baker's room or the Reptile room but I like to keep him with me). So after a few weeks of keeping an eye on the website at launch time, I spotted miss Hannah and decided she was the perfect pairing for Simba. 

Then just last month during my habitual Sunday (now Monday) night peruse of the latest arrivals I spotted someone I could not leave there. 'Igor' is Simba's actual long lost twin! Albeit a much lighter-loved, younger-looking version. 








The friends arrive so lovingly packaged, smelling fabulous after their spa visits and with cute little notes and a booklet that tells you all you need to know about Loved Before. We love an environmentally conscious business so the fact that everything is recyclable or biodegradable is extra exciting. Seeing Simba and 'Igor' side by side was so weird...to know they are real twins but see such a difference in their looks makes me feel a little guilty at how hard I went on Simba all my life. He has travelled to many different places across Europe, been lost in a museum in France and had his hair cut by a little hairdresser me - all while being carried by his back resulting in a loss of stuffing and scratched off eyes. 
I don't know what 'Igor's life has looked like, but it seems he had a little more relaxing time so far! 






As silly as it sounds coming from an adult, this is something really special for me. I love that someone else out there cared enough to create something so magical and I only wish I had had the idea to start a soft toy adoption agency first haha! 
If you're a soft toy lover be sure to pop over and keep an eye out for a new friend. They add a whole new bunch of adoptables every week and if everything I've already said hasn't sparked your interest enough they have also donated over 50% of all their profits to charity (this year's cause is Make-A-Wish!).
I've just realized that this could sound quite advert-like, but of course, there is never any sponsored or paid for content here. Underland to Wonderland is my land and personal space to document my life, not make money from. Plus, Loved Before doesn't even know I exist! 
Find them here >> https://www.lovedbefore.london/



No comments:

Post a Comment