Friday 16 September 2022

Exploring Marsden Bay




Believe it or not (I'm sure you will believe it because it's nothing out of the ordinary for me), I still have multiple posts of photos from our 30 Days Wild way back in June to feature here!
30 Days Wild is an annual event held by The Wildlife Trusts to encourage us to get out and take part in 'Random Acts Of Wildness' every day in June. This year was my 6th year taking part and during the month I took two visits to one of my favourite places - Marsden Bay!
To see the first set of photos where I was Exploring Marsden Rock < click that link < and to see a different view of the Bay and our beautiful birds...continue on.


Also, check out the rest of this year's 30 Days Wild posts below:







































I love this place, it's difficult to express how much it means to mean. Think Moana, but super white North East coastal life haha. Although I don't completely love where I currently live (South Tyneside) and my heart belonging further North, at least I do have Marsden close that I know I can go to when I need it. 

It doesn't feel right to end this without again mentioning the Bird Flu epidemic. Sadly, at the tail end of our breeding season, just as the Kittiwakes were entering fledgling time, Bird Flu was confirmed on our bay on August 18th. Bird flu is deadly, highly contagious and has had such a devastating effect this past year or so.  
If you come across any sick or dead birds please do not touch them. Keep your dogs on leads and away from birds (always! not just during bird flu outbreaks. It annoys me to no end when people allow their dogs to chase birds!!) and report dead or sick birds to DEFRA on 0345 9335577.

Another final point, keep the sea plastic free. Pick up any rubbish you come across while exploring the stunning coastlines we are so lucky to have. Do what you can in your daily life to live more eco-friendly and preserve our planet. 

Make sure to pop on over and check out the sister post for this - Exploring Marsden Rock!
Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment