Friday 15 July 2022

Exploring Marsden Rock

 



Following on from my 30 Days Wild posts, I have a handful of additional adventures to share. 
On the 13th of June I, for some reason, got up the confidence to take myself on a solo exploration to Marsden Bay. I dropped Mr H off at work and drove down to the seafront for an early morning walk and paddle. 

I know that the sea and coast, in general, are healing, but I think after growing up in a seaside town with a view of the sea from my bedroom window and sea air in my lungs daily, it really helps me to be nearby the coast. 
It's been a very up and down few years for me, so somehow I managed to build myself up to go alone to one of my happy places. It's unbelievable the magic that the sea holds. Just getting to feel the sand between my toes and the water wash over my feet was so healing. Of course, it doesn't cure my ailments or take away my sadness, but it helps.

In the few photos below you'll see that I was lucky enough to spot Sand Martins swooping, hear the Kittiwakes and Herring Gulls calling, quickly snap a Rock Pipit and Commorants perching on the rock, watch the Razorbills playing in the sea, spend time with some of my favourites, Rock Doves and photograph the local famous Fulmar!

Something happy to mention is that although I had my litter picker in tow, all I found to pick up was 1 lone can of beer. Marsden seems to be (at least before the peak season arrives) somewhat unruined by humans. A great feat and wonderful for all of the nesting birds!
























Since moving to South Tyneside I've had some lovely walks at Marsden. It's different when you are alone though, and with a relatively empty beach. On this day the tide was out far enough that I got to explore somewhere I hadn't had the chance to before - inside Marsden Rock! It was magical and actually somewhat spooky to walk or should I say climb over the rocks and through the arches in Marsden Rock. 
I ended my visit with one last walk through the water and said goodbye to all the nesting Kittiwakes and Razorbills. 

This wasn't my last beach visit of June however, so look out for more seaside escapades coming soon...
Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment