Wednesday 6 January 2021

Our Full Pin Collection 2020

 



Confession: we are pin collectors. I never thought I'd be one of those people, but over the years it's a hobby that has naturally evolved from sentimental Disney pin souvenirs bought on my trips to Disneyland Paris, to also having a small collection of non-Disney pins and Disney pins not from the parks. As our 'non-park' pin collection grew a little in 2020 I thought it'd be cool to take stock of them all this month and then look back at the end of the year to see how the collection has (or hasn't) grown. 







Kicking off with the original pins that started it all. I went to Disneyland Paris for the first time age 6 in 1996 and sadly did not think to collect any pins at that age, however on my first adult visit in 2010 I came home with 3. Each subsequent trip to DLP always resulted in a year and hotel pin as a minimum. 
Online I have bought a couple pins that I missed out on in the parks from being sold out and the like. My 2010 trip was a special one being while the Mickey's Magical Party season was happening so I was happy to find that on eBay. Other pins have come home with me to remember specific moments like my Mam and I's private tour of the Walt Disney Studios Park and the key to the Tower of Terror to commemorate me being talked into braving it (never again)!

At the bottom of this same board is where our other official Disney but non-DLP live. As we got married on Halloween 2019 we've decided to collect the Disney Store Halloween pins and we also bought all four of the Fantasia 80th anniversary set seeing as Mr H had already pre-ordered the full Funko Pop set.

This is a cheap, basic cork board from Wilko, painted black and glittery. It hangs to the right of the landing outside Baker and Reptiles bedrooms. 





Our completely-unrelated-to-Disney pins hang on a pin pendant that I made in our bedroom. 
This only developed throughout the past year or two when we used this as our 'souvenir' from places rather than the common magnet etc.

We have some from random days out, two from our mini-moon (see the blog post all about that here), eight RSPB pins to commemorate certain exciting wildlife we have encountered or our participation in the Big Garden Birdwatch and some that supported charity donations for pivotal events in 2020 like the Black Lives Matter movement and the Australia Wildfires. 

Because we didn't do anything outside of our home for our 1st wedding anniversary we chose a pin from Etsy that symbolized our time at home carving pumpkins. You may also see that one of these pins is not like the others and that is because it is a keyring we adjusted to make fit as when we went to Kynren they didn't have pins!






Finally, the last, smallest but most expensive collection. I started this one on a whim when I first heard about it's release through the Disney Store and decided I wanted it haha. I've never bought into any of the monthly release collections with the Disney Store because they are so stressful, full of bots and people buying purely to re-sell right away online with the price hiked x10, but with our Honeymoon to Disneyland Paris looking less and less likely I went for a little Disney fix.
These come out every other month and I bought the frame when I got the first pin. We're half way now so by the time I check in again next year I should hopefully have the full collection.


And that is it. No where near as big as many pin collectors and I'm picky with what I do add because I want them all to have a reason, be connected to memories and mean something.

Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment