Saturday 2 January 2021

The Last Walk

 



Following on from the last walk photos post I shared a couple weeks ago titled 'The First Walk', I thought it fitting to title this one The Last Walk..seeing as you know, it was the last walk of 2020.
I usually like to space these type of posts out a bit and provide a bit of variety but as these were taken on December 25th I thought I'd get them up sooner rather than later.

So as I said, yes, this was December 25th. We don't actually celebrate Christmas so for us it just means Mr H gets a day off work and we eat pizza! Starting last year we decided that it'd be a day we got out and had a nice winter woodland adventure and this year was no different. We had hoped that most people would be at home 'celebrating' but I was right in my suspicions that it was busier than last year, with people taking the opportunity to escape the house. Although we obviously had our masks and were able to leave the track and wander between the trees to escape people, it did mean our walk was cut short to head back to the safety of home.

Below you will see some photos of the beautiful sites we did get to experience on our short excursion to Eden Place and Beamish Woods, Stanley.


























A quick story about the first photo in this post; As we were getting ready to leave I popped outside to photograph the sunrise. For the best view, I had to go up onto our decking (which is slippy at the best of times) and before I even had the chance to step with my second foot, I ended up hitting the floor holding my camera in the air with one hand and stopping myself hitting my head with the other. Not the most fun experience with an already bad back. Anyway, although the photo wasn't taken on our walk I had to share it because I went to so much effort to take it!

Finally, the photos from our walk. We were lucky enough to be greeted by a Bullfinch as soon as I opened the car door, who was closely followed by multiple Robins who flew under the car...I guess it was warm! We managed to get our December monthly couples portrait out the way and put the tripod back in the car for some handsfree exploring. Along our way we saw plenty more Robins, Blackbirds and even a Squirrel. There was also Deer tracks in the snow!

We can't wait to get the opportunity to do this again but with restrictions becoming tighter, yet again people who don't normally go out in nature are venturing out for something to do which means we will be safe at home for a while longer. 

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment