Monday 26 December 2022

Autumn at Beamish Open Air Museum

 

The final season at Beamish. I was originally waiting for our December visit to the museum to post this as obviously, Autumn continues right up until the 20th of December however we ended up not having time to pop over and so I wanted to post sooner. However, as I said in this post (Where Does Time Go?) I've had a huge backlog of photos to edit meaning this post in particular has been scheduled and unscheduled a couple of times while I tried to catch up and complete it. 

Anyway, if you are new here the whole premise of these posts is as follows: After renewing our Friends of Beamish passes in January I decided I wanted to visit the museum at least once a month. Then I thought it would be a wonderful thing to look back on if I documented the change in the landscape there across all four seasons and so on each visit I tried to visit a different part of Beamish and photograph as much as possible, from little details to wider areas. These posts linked below along with the photos in this post are the results of that idea. 

See more -



October 12th















































November 9th












































Autumn is an odd one for me because in general, I love it, October is the best month of the year, home to Halloween and our anniversary. The colours are pretty and the temperature good, but it sees the death of the trees...well you know what I mean. The leaves are falling and the Spring and Summer plants dying off and to see the trees naked makes me sad. It does make for some interesting photos though, physically showing probably the most differences apart from snow.

We've made good use of our passes this year that's for sure and I've enjoyed taking these photos even if sometimes in the moment my anxiety etc caused me to be stressed haha. 
Thank you for stopping by. If you enjoyed these photos please check out more of Beamish in the links below. 

Until next time...

See more -
Winter at Beamish
Spring at Beamish
Summer at Beamish
All Beamish Adventures Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment