Monday 30 January 2023

A Winter's Walk to St Mary's Nature Reserve

 

I hadn't planned to share photos from this day on my blog, but there were a few cool birds spotted and so I thought I'd pop them up here after all.
On the 17th of January we decided to pop through the tunnel and take Baker for a walk at Whitley Bay. Growing up in Blyth, he spent a lot of time in Blyth, Seaton Sluice and Whitley Bay but at 10 years old he hadn't been for a good few years. Mr H doesn't think he'd ever visited Whitley Bay either, so with it being winter and therefore likely to be quieter we headed over.

It was perfect winter weather and it was a surprise to see some birds I'd never photographed before...


















Some of the fab birds we saw included Black Headed Gull, Redshank, Lapwing, Grey Heron, Gadwall Duck, Mallard, Coot, and Greylag Goose. The Exmoor Ponies were also there hard at work!

Overall it was a successful walk and a lovely day with my two boys!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment