Monday 2 January 2023

The First Sunrise of 2023



It's 2023!
Yesterday I took myself down to, you guessed it, Marsden Bay to see 2023 in with a paddle and sea air!
I was hoping to see the sunrise but judging by the sky when I arrived I didn't think it would come to much, then I was treated to an absolute beauty.

I actually walked around the cliffs and down onto a tiny part of the bay I have never been on before, which is pretty inaccessible from the may part of the Bay and I didn't realize had an actual path to get down to. This bay is mainly pebbles and rockpools, a few (slightly creepy) caves and its own mini Marsden Rock which I climbed to watch the sun rise. 

It was a magical feeling being stood up on top of that rock with the waves surrounding me on three sides. There wasn't much wind, just a nice breeze, it wasn't even too bitter. The only thing that would have made experiencing Mother Nature's celebration of the new year would have been if Mr H had been able to come too. 

Anyway, here are the photos I took and a short video. It's well-seen cameras can't capture the Earth's beauty as well as our eyes but at least the photos give you an idea of what the first sunrise of 2023 was like.

Sending you all the best for a healthy and happy 2023. 
Please be kind to our planet. 










No comments:

Post a Comment