Saturday 1 July 2023

30 Days Wild 2023 - Week 2

 


Just like the first post in this series, this one is also very late! A domino effect, including us having been away for a few days camping with the doggo has knocked me behind in everything! Better late than never though, so although I'd like to post my 30 Days Wild updates at the end of each week like in previous years, they aren't even going up in the right month this year. Anyway...


30 Days Wild is an annual challenge run by The Wildlife Trusts to encourage us to participate in 'Random Acts Of Wildness' every day in June. In turn helping me to actually really enjoy June which is otherwise, this year in particular, too hot to cope with. 2023 marks my 7th year taking part in 30 Days Wild!

Unless you are completely new here you will know we are a very wild family to begin with! However, it's not only an excuse to share nature and wildlife-themed photos every single day of my Project 365. It is also a fun way to mix up my wildness to include things other than just my obsession with photographing every bird that enters my garden haha. Beware though, this will still be a very bird-heavy post!

Here is our Week 2 of 30 Days Wild 2023.

(Check out Week 1 here > 30 Days Wild 2023 - Week 1 )






Day 8 - June 8th 
It's World Ocean Day so after Mr H finished work we had to take a super quick trip down to
the famous Marsden Bay to dip my toes and appreciate the mystical North Sea.




Day 9 - June 9th
There is a Starling family living in the eaves of our roof!
I spent a long time today listening to the babies (who have hatched very recently)
and watched the parents work tirelessly flying back and forth bringing food.




Day 10 - June 10th
Our best friends, the bees, pollinating our Raspberry plants for us!
Bees, like birds, are something I love to photograph and will take any opportunity I'm given to do so.






Day 11 - June 11th
Although I feed and water the birds everyday already, I decided to put some more suet feeders
out the back today with so many parents and fledgelings needing extra energy.
They had it all demolished in no time! I already needed shares in bird feed before this haha!

We also have had a special Pigeon with its lower beak missing.
I've been keeping an eye on them and so far they seem to be managing quite well.





Day 12 - June 12th 
We had a surprise visitor tonight! Very exciting that they stopped by during 30 Days Wild!
I was checking the security cameras before bed and spotted someone having a drink
from the bowl in the back garden...so I ran downstairs and grabbed my camera.
I got to sit on the doorstep and enjoy watching them wander about in our grass, the border under the Hollyhocks and Nasturtiums, and listen to them munching away, before they sneaked out under our gate.




Day 13 - June 13th
I like to get a photo of the front of our house regularly to document how the garden changes.
The colour has all started to reappear which is so nice to see.
I walked about on the grass with my bare feet and also got to spy the baby Starlings in next door's roof!
We don't get to spend much time out in the front garden so this was a lovely time.



Day 14 - June 14th
I know it's more birds, but this is proof of how important gardening for wildlife is!
The Goldfinches love to eat from our wild lawn and the Sparrows love to play and hide in the Hawthorn!

----------


I hope you have been able to get outside, do something wild and appreciate how incredibly lucky we are to have the nature and wildlife we do. Look after it!
Until next time...

Check out Week 1 here > 30 Days Wild 2023 - Week 1 


No comments:

Post a Comment