Monday 23 January 2023

My Goodreads Year in Books 2022


The quick annual post showing my overall book reading stats for January - December 2022 is finally here! Just as we are almost a full month into the following year. So much to post, so little time! Anyway, it was a wonderful reading year in 2022 full of fantastic books and reading at least a few pages every single day. 
This year I did quarterly update posts sharing what I had read within those three months, my star ratings and highlighting books that stood out to me. You can find those posts all linked below!

Now, I'll let the graphic do most of the talking but to see some extra stats, scroll down!

What I Read Each Quarter
1. January - March
2. April - June
3. July - September
4. October - December




Star Ratings
⭐️ - 0 
⭐️⭐️ - 3
⭐️⭐️⭐️- 5
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️- 23
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️- 24

Top 5 Favorite Books of 2022*
The Bird Singers by Eve Wersocki Morris
The Hobbit by J R R Tolkien
The Last Bear by Hannah Gold
The Secret of Haven Point by Lisette Auton
Willodeen by Katherine Applegate

Most Read Authors
E. Nesbit - 5 books
Christopher Paolini - 3 books
Katherine Applegate - 2 books
John Bellairs - 2 books
Frances Hodgson Burnett - 2 books
Hannah Gold - 2 books
Neil Patrick Harris - 2 books
Philip Pullman - 2 books
J.R.R. Tolkien - 2 books

Published in 2022
Maureen Fry and the Angel of the North by Rachel Joyce
The Tower at the End of Time by Amy Sparkes
Stinetinglers by R.L. Stine
The Ripper of Whitechapel by Yvette Fielding
The Story of Greenriver by Holly Webb
Miss Peregrine's Museum of Wonders by Ransom Riggs
The Secret of Haven Point by Lisette Auton
Waking the Witch by Rachel Burge
I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy
The Wild Before by Piers Torday
The Lost Whale by Hannah Gold
The Imagination Chamber: Cosmic Rays From Lyra's Universe by Philip Pullman
Rumaysa: Ever After by Radiya Hafiza
The Bird Singers by Eve Wersocki Morris
A Storm of Sisters by Michelle Harrison

Format
Hardback - 17
Paperback - 33
Kindle - 1
Audiobook - 4


Until sitting down to actually put together those little lists above I had no idea that I'd a) had so many 5 stars, and b) read so many new releases! I only read for pleasure and I rarely force myself to read anything - I can remember DNFing one book about 2 chapters in last year and it went to the charity shop so its rare that anything I do finish ends up being less than 3 stars. I also find myself quite picky when giving out 5 stars and they go to exceptional books only so those that got 4 are still absolutely amazing!
The majority of my reading, as you'll be able to tell, consists of middle-grade, books meant for children and through a quick count I can only spot 4 that don't fit into this category. To me reading is an escape, I want to read about magical lands and mystical adventures, about talking animals and unique people, not depressing, serious adult topics and there are so many fabulous children's authors out there that I will continue that for the rest of my life!

*To choose a top 5 was very difficult and they of course are in no particular order!

There we have it, 2022 in books! Though I beat my goal of 35 and even surpassed what I read the previous year (even if only by 1), my shelves are still full of books I can't wait to get around to. I continue to read every single night in bed, but hope that this year I can try and carve out extra time during most days to read also. I do have quite a few larger books on my 2023 TBR so I have lowered my goal to 21...giving me a fortnight per book so I can prioritize tackling those over 500 pages. 
I'm excited to fall into the pages of all these other worlds and as of today I'm already 4 awesome books into my reading year. 


Previous Years Goal vs Actual Amount Read.
2022 goal 35 - actual 55.
2021 goal 52 - actual 54.
2020 goal 36 - actual 62.
2019 goal 19 - actual 27.
2018 goal 26 - actual 31.
2017 goal 10 - actual 43.

Check out my previous year's Goodreads Reviews:
Mrs' Goodreads Year in Books 2019
Mrs' Goodreads Year in Books 2020
My Goodreads Year in Books 2021


Until next time...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment