Monday, 29 June 2026

Summer Solstice Walk at Beamish Valley



These photos are from our walk on the morning of the 21st June (the first day of Summer). I can't physically walk far at all these days and so finding a woodland walk that is even semi wheelchair accessible isn't the easiest task. We decided on the go-to place which is technically a cycle path and not actually that wheelchair accessible in a standard manual chair... At least we managed even a short walk among the trees, and I enjoyed a lovely meeting with a Comma Butterfly who landed by us while we had a seat and was a very willing photo subject, turning every so often so I could photography all their beautiful angles! 
Bird sightings were sparse and those I did see were difficult to take photos of in the dappled light, so the trees really are the stars of the show. 
More photos from our Litha celebrations will be coming in another post soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment