
This is my 10th year taking part in The Wildlife Trusts 30 Days Wild and
my 6th year documenting it here. I've actually annoyed myself by
looking back at my previous year's posts because as my health continues
to change the way I live my life, there is no way that this year will be
able to live up to those past and as the challenge gains momentum,
becoming more mainstream, it tends to become a competition.
It's like
everything I've been a part of from Cats Protections Craft for Cats, to
using the Birda App to document my birding sessions - the more popular
they become and numbers of participants increase the less fun it
becomes. You have the show-offs, the know it alls, the people who have
no clue but are doing it because it's trendy, and that all makes for an
uncomfortable and unfriendly environment in the online communities.
That's why I tend to keep to myself and do my hobbies solo, eliminating
the possibility of the enjoyment being sucked out of things.
Each
year I've found it increasingly difficult to navigate 30 Days Wild as
it is, because I see it more as a challenge to encourage those less
Nature-minded to get more connected with their wild side. For me, I am
already immensely entwined with the wild world. We are all a part of
Nature, and I live my life with Mother Nature as a member of the family,
one of my highest priorities and I am doing things that are
'challenges' during 30 Days Wild multiple times a week, if not per day!
That being said, what is second nature to me, isn't something I always
think is worthy of being documented. So...that's where I am with 30 Days
Wild. Year 10 may end up being my last as it becomes more of a chore
than something to enjoy these days.
Taking all of this into account, here is week 2 of my 10th year!
(See Week 1 here > 30 Day Wild 2026 // Week 1 )





8th June - Day 8
Well I had to make the time to go to my precious sea on World Ocean's Day didn't I?
See more photos here > World Oceans Day 2026







9th June - Day 9
Some new life in the gardens, and some of the reasons it exists.
I praise the rain and adore the days we are lucky enough to have its presence.
When it rains I often go outside, close my eyes and lift my face to the sky to feel the drops on my skin.
I did that today and I recommend you try it too.








10th June - Day 10
The range of garden visitors we get doesn't stop at birds!
We're lucky enough to spot signs our Hedgehog friend has visited, as well as videos on our camera.
There are also the so-called 'pests' and pest control in the form of Aphids, Ants and Ladybirds.




11th June - Day 11
I caught the tail end of the sunset tonight. Usually at this time of year we're already in bed by the time the sun sets, but a later night and letting Baker out I got to see the post-sunset painted sky and fire dancing tree tops.



12th June - Day 12
A check in on our mini greenhouse!






13th June - Day 13
Every single day there is something new to notice in the garden. After planting the Buddleia on the 5th of May, it has doubled in size and finally has buds appearing. The Hawthorn berries are slowly turning, green dock is in seed! Summer may not be a fun season for me, but I am looking forward to seeing all the buggies and birds enjoying everything we've nurtured for them.





14th June - Day 14
The rainbow of our garden! Not all flowers and plants are included and I decided not to do a specific section for green as it is present throughout. This would have been very different if I had taken the photos a couple of weeks or even months ago when we had a beautiful abundance of Dandelions, Forget-Me-Nots and even our beautiful Cherry blossom. I wonder what the gardens will look like by the end of this month...
---
30 Days Wild 2025 // Week 1
30 Days Wild 2025 // Week 2
30 Days Wild 2025 // Week 3
30 Days Wild 2025 // Week 4
30 Days Wild 2024 - Part 1
30 Days Wild 2024 - Part 2
30 Days Wild 2024 - Part 3
You can find 2023's post here:
And for 2021's posts, see here:
No comments:
Post a Comment