Wednesday 14 April 2021

A Year Back in Blogland

.



As of this Friday, the 16th of April, it has been exactly 1 year since I came back to blogland with my post, Return to Wonderland

When I came back to Underland to Wonderland it had been gone for 2 years and I did not plan on ever posting here again. I deleted all the image content from Google Drive, unpublished the blog itself and cancelled my URL. 
Blogging has been a part of my life for so long (around 12 years) that it provides a big amount of my entertainment and I found it difficult to fill in that time with any other hobbies. Therefore, in March 2019, 10 months after not blogging anywhere, I started posting on my 2nd blog - Adventures of the Hallows again...followed by starting our joint book blog - Pages of the Hallows in September of 2019.

Even with 2 blogs, I was missing writing about things that didn't fit in on a daily photo blog or a book blog. So I returned to Underland to Wonderland. This blog is now 9 years old!

To commemorate this past year I'm going to share some of my favourite posts!


Top viewed 

Meet the Pets [Two are above]




Vegan Food


Our Eco Journey 


Proud Of


If you've read this blog for more than just the past year, it may be evident that my content has evolved a little. 3 years ago there is no way I'd be writing about food, let alone as much as I have almost all of it having been cooked by me. 
Obviously, the state of the world has meant a decline in exploring, hiking and nature/wildlife photo posts but I've gotten creative and shared a few older adventures, as well as appreciating the wildlife in my own garden more than usual. 

I have intentionally left the so-called 'blogging community' and don't take part in any socializing online anymore, if it even still exists. It became a chore and an activity that made me feel rubbish, so I had to remove myself but that came with the consequence of being distanced from the opportunities to find others blogs and have mine found. I rarely read any other blogs now, minus a select few I check in on when I have the time, so I am fully aware my readership has also vastly dwindled. Blogging has changed since the days I started and while internet-centred jobs like social media and vlogging are now the 'dream jobs' of kids, I can genuinely say I'm glad I got away from it all before it boomed into what it is today.

This blog and my other two are for me, primarily. My hobby is to document all my other hobbies for future me! If other people happen to stop by here or take anything away from it, that's just a bonus.

Happy 1 year return to me!
Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment